As a graduate of Walther Christian Academy, your continual interest in supporting us is so appreciated. We had a successful school year, thanks to so many of you. Your donations support everything that we do to educate our students who come from all over Chicagoland.
Some of our highlights from the past school year and the impact your gifts supported are the following:
- Our enrollment was 289 students-up 9% from the past year. Our expectation now is 300 students for the 2023-2024 school year. To accommodate our growth, we added a new middle/high school social studies teacher.
- Teacher salaries were raised by 13.7%, which is helping us to recruit and retain our talented teachers. For the first time in years, 100% of our teachers are returning in the fall!
- New extracurricular activities were offered to our students: A High School Girls’ Soccer Team (which many of our potential and current students requested), a Middle School Cheer Team, and a Youth Group organized by Pastor Duffy, from St. Paul Lutheran Church, Melrose Park.
- We continued to plan for a future Capital Campaign with the help of an outside consultant and a group of individuals who were part of our committees and feasibility study.
- We provided ongoing emergency financial assistance to families who needed help due to job loss or health challenges.
We are Walther-and we are stronger because of your generosity!
How can you help today? Please consider purchasing a paver for $200 which you can do right on our website at www.walther.com. And donate at any level you can to support our annual Alumni Campaign, which raises unrestricted funds to support our ongoing needs. If you graduated from Walther Lutheran High School or Walther Christian Academy, once you are a Bronco, you are always a Bronco!
Also, your donation might be eligible for a matching gift through your employer. Below you can find many companies that offer a match, and some will donate far more than their employees give. Ask your HR department if this is available to you! We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit and your donation-as well as your employers’ donation-are eligible for a tax deduction.
Finally, please consider returning to Walther at Homecoming this year on Friday, October 13 to reconnect with classmates, enjoy a casual dinner at school, tour the halls, and attend or participate in a concert featuring current and former music students. The Homecoming Football game is on Saturday the 14th at 1:00 pm vs. Marquette and is always a fun time to remember your years here. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a reunion gathering on Friday evening, please email me at Sally_Ruecking@WaltherAcademy.org I hope to hear from you!
On behalf of everyone at Walther Christian Academy, thank you for your support and continued prayer for an even better 2023-2024 school year!
Director of Advancement