WALTHER DRESS ATTIRE 2023-2024
Philosophy of Dress Code: Walther Christian Academy has established a standard of dress for our community which is conducive to a Christ-like environment. Cleanliness, neatness, appropriateness, and modesty are important as guiding factors. The primary dress attire is Walther Spirit Wear. This is to be worn daily from 8:00 am – 2:45 pm. On Wednesdays or our days of worship in Chapel, students must wear our Walther polo.
Boys & Girls (6th-12th Grade)
- SHIRTS – Students must wear the official WCA Spirit Wear or polo shirt purchased through the Bronco shop. Colors: Green, White, Black, Gray can be worn unless a special occasion spirit wear is granted by the Administration. Anything worn underneath the WCA polo shirt must be solid color with no writing or graphics of any kind and may not hang below the WCA polo shirt. Students are allowed to have their shirts tucked or untucked throughout the school year. There are short-sleeved and long-sleeved shirts options available for students.
- PANTS/SHORTS – Only solid colors: Khaki, Black, Blue, Gray pants may be worn. Acceptable fabrics/styles include: Cotton twill, Docker style, Corduroy, Dress Slacks, Cargo and Black/Blue Denim pants are acceptable styles of pants in the colors listed. All pants must be worn fitted at the waist with or without a belt and/or tailored to the correct length to fit appropriately and not sagging. Shorts must be at the kneecap and should not be adjusted.
- SKIRTS/SKORTS/CAPRIS (Girls only) – All skorts, skirts, and capris must be of the same colors and fabrics/styles listed above in pants/shorts. The length of the skort/skirt/capris should not be adjusted or altered, and skirts and skorts must be at the knee cap.
- SHOES – Dress shoes, athletic shoes, and boots coordinating with our dress attire are permitted. Open heel shoes, moccasins, sandals, slippers, flip-flops, crocs, and clogs are inappropriate for school. Shoes must be neat and clean in appearance.
- PULLOVERS/HOODIES/JACKETS – The options available will include Quarter to Full zip pullovers, hoodies or Fleeces. These items must have the WCA logo and be Green, White, Black, Gray if worn as Walther Spirit wear. WCA Club/Sport/Pride sweaters, hoodies, or other outerwear will be allowed to be worn as part of the Walther Spirit Wear. Hoods are not permitted over your head.
- PROFESSIONAL DRESS – Students will also have the option to be in professional dress, except Chapel days, when polos are required. Follow the same colors and fabrics/styles listed above. We define professional dress as such:
- Pants/bottoms/skirts: same standards as any other regular day.
- Tops: students may wear the following items, with the idea that they are dressing professionally:
- Button down shirts, long or short-sleeved with a collar and tie. (Sweaters and suit jackets are allowed to be worn with a shirt and tie.
- Blouses or dresses (no spaghetti strap unless a jacket/sweater is worn over it, dresses knee-length)
- SPIRIT DAYS – students will be allowed to wear attire based on the criteria of Student Council with Administration approval (i.e. athletic game days, awards ceremonies, special class requirements, etc.).
- ACCESSORIES/HAIRSTYLES – Boys/Girls are allowed to wear earrings, one to two earrings per ear. One nose earring is allowed (Small nose ring only). 3 inch headbands are allowed. Solid color only. No inappropriate clothing accessories and/or jewelry.
W.C.A. DRESS CODE GENERAL GUIDELINES
- NO NON-WALTHER SHIRTS ARE NOT PERMITTED OR VISIBLE UNLESS IN PROFESSIONAL DRESS DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
- Both Walther Spirit wear and Walther polo shirts for Chapel must be worn and seen. Students can wear a Cardigan sweater, or Walther jacket on the outside, but you are not to completely cover your Walther spirit wear or Walther polo.
- Hats, scarves, du-rags/wave caps, and hoods may NOT be worn during school hours. (8:00 am -2:45 pm)
- Walther related/Walther sponsored spirit wear shirts, sweatshirts, or hoodies are acceptable as Walther Spirit wear and may be worn daily. Walther related spirit wear may include but are not limited to the following tops: Graduation, Awareness, Fundraiser apparel, State Athletics, Concordia tee shirts, Thrivent, etc.which were obtained as part of a Walther-sponsored event. The Dean of Students will make the determination if a specific top is permitted.
- No other materials or patterns (stripes, white, plaid, spandex, mesh/athletic shorts, p.e. shorts lycra, or tear-away sweatpants) are acceptable.
- No altered shirts/pants (torn, cut, etc.) low-cut, sleeveless, or bare-midriff shirts, nor see through. No ripped pants, shirts, or jeans with holes. Pants and Jeans cannot be seen through, have any rips, holes, or skin exposed. No inappropriate, offensive advertising, sayings of any kind. No clothing from other high schools.
- Questionable dress attire will be handled by the Assistant Principal / Dean of Students. Staff have the right to question students’ appropriate dress, hairstyles, jewelry, or other clothing accessories. There are NO OTHER EXCEPTIONS to our dress code unless permitted by Administration.
Consequences are given by Assistant Principal / Dean of Students if deemed necessary and are final. Consequences may include:
1. Students removed from class until dress code issues are resolved (class absences will be unexcused)
2. Students will have an opportunity to rectify dress code issues, if not, students may be sent home if deemed inappropriate.
3. Students will receive a warning email to parent / guardian, thereafter students will receive a 30 minute detention.
4. Students who receive multiple infractions with dress code can accordingly lose certain dress code privileges (for example, a student who wears a hood repeatedly may lose the privilege of wearing a hoodie).